Monday, November 24, 2008

A night to remember...

When all a little girl does is play dress up and watch movies like Cinderella, Enchanted, The Little Mermaid and whatever else has a princess or a fairy tail ending, what goes through her mind when she is about to experience her very first BALL? Well I hope I lived up to the dream. I had the privilege of taking my little princess on her very first date. At the age of 4 it's not about what will I tell my friends when it's all over or even how she looks. I know, I know they want to look precious and beautiful and dashing and everything else that represents a princess but....not all night. I'll get to that point in a minute. I took Ellie to our very first father-daughter ball. Four hours of "Am I making this out to be everything she ever wanted?" When the lights went out and the little girl I carried back to the truck had had enough, I think I did OK. Little girls love to dance...at least mine does. And boy did we. Started the night out with a simple one..two..rock step..one two..rock step with a spin your partner (if your good enough) to ending the night "AT THE CAR WASH". We did about every dance party dance there was. I think I lost weight..I danced a lot. The most precious part of the evening was when Ellie needed to give her little legs a break, so we headed to the chocolate fountain. Once we got back to our table my date proceeded to dig in. This is where the "looking all dolled up" isn't everything. I was enjoying mine when I noticed Ellie was really enjoying hers. Chocolate on her dress and ALL over her face. I loved it. I knew in that moment my princess was still my little girl..that needed me to wipe her face off.
Ellie my princess I loved spending a wonderful night at the ball with you.
-Daddy

No comments: